In a recent conversation with a parent about his kids, I mentioned a few advices Bob Ladouceur gave about parenting, coaching, and working with kids. I realized that this could be useful to more people, so here is the list that I noted down:
1. It’s okay if you don’t know everything.
2. A trustworthy adult other than the parent is required to mentor the teenager.
3. Never a bad kid
4. Teenagers are not lazy if they see the value of a goal.
5. Kids are similar to adults, who needs praise, pat on the back, etc.
6. If you are the messenger, you have to live the message.
7. Believe the higher power by lower self attitude & open to people who knows more.
8. Everyone wants to be successful.
9. Be in a constant state of re-invent you self, change, and embrace change.